HAGS have recently completed a recreational park to create an active play and social space for children. The play area has been named the Phillip Harvey Playing Field after the generous donation of land for a park by Philip Harvey around 70 years ago.
01/10/2018 16:04:00Case Study Details
Get more inspiration from other installations all around the worldView All Case Studies
Spare parts availability
We understand the importance of getting the right spare parts, quickly and efficiently, to our customers and that’s where our UK manufacturing and spare parts operation comes into its own.
Very few of our components are stocked from outside the UK and the most commonly required spare parts are held in Selby for immediate delivery. For those parts that are manufactured in Sweden we run a weekly delivery service into the UK to ensure this will not create delays in their onward despatch.
We can therefore guarantee that consumable stock items such as:
- Fixtures such as nuts, bolts, washers, shackles
- Swing bearing components
- Common panel components
- Swing seats
- Springer handles etc.
…will be dispatched within 48 hours.
Current fabricated components from stock such as:
- Swing chains
- Springs and Springer body items
…will be dispatched within 14 days.
Special components requiring manufacture, or any 3rd party items such as:
- Supporting posts or columns
- Roof structures
- Into-ground components
…will be dispatched within 4-6 weeks.
We also commit to supporting our ‘older’ products even if the line has been discontinued:
- For the first 5 years after the line has been discontinued – we can supply all spare parts within standard lead times.
- Between 5 - 10 years after discontinuation – we can supply all spare parts, but certain items may need to be specially sourced or manufactured within an extended lead-time.
- After 10 years we cannot guarantee that all spares will be available, but will assist the customer where possible with drawings or other information to allow them to source items from elsewhere if required.
HAGS Inspection and Maintenance provides a complete range of National services, covering Playground Inspections, Maintenance, Repairs and Refurbishments, to keep your playgrounds and sports areas well maintained and safe.
HAGS employ a network of nationwide mobile service engineers, or ‘Play Technicians’, who are able to provide a fast, high quality and professionally delivered service. We undertake on-site inspections, repairs and refurbishments on any manufacturer’s equipment (even those who are no longer trading).
Our fleet of vehicles are fully equipped with all the necessary tools and equipment to undertake on-site repairs and we work with a national network of couriers, where urgent parts can be despatched within 24 hours.
- Routine Visual Inspections: Routine Visual Inspections help identify obvious hazards resulting from vandalism and/or wear and tear.
- Operational Inspections Operational Inspections are more detailed, and are used to check the safety and stability of the equipment. This type of inspection should be carried out regularly (every 1 to 3 months) as indicated in the equipment manufacturer’s instructions.>
- Annual Inspections: Annual inspections are comprehensive and thorough, and provide a clean bill of health for your playground. These inspections focus on all foundations and surfaces (e.g. to ensure compliance with EN 1176), and any previously undertaken repair and maintenance work.
- Repairs and Refurbishments: Refurbishments start by undertaking a site survey to establish the condition of the equipment and, based on its structural integrity, we will notify you if refurbishment is a viable option. If a refurbishment is feasible we will identify which parts can be reconditioned and which need replacing. We then provide a fully costed proposal. “Our engineers can return equipment to as good as new condition.” All materials used for refurbishments are compliant to the latest standards. We have a fully equipped workshop at our manufacturing facility in Selby, North Yorkshire and we can also manufacture replacement parts that may no longer be available.